CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Build a Snowman


It is yet another SNOWY day in New England! It would be a perfect time to build a snowman but the snow outside is the fluffy kind so I guess I'll have to build one inside. Actually I started this one in Vermont and never quite finished it until this weekend.

The snowman is a CTMH stamp set that lets you build it yourself. The set is owned by my friend Kerry and she let me play with it when we went on a stamping weekend in Vermont. I really liked the set because of all the choices it gave you. I like the DP paper that I used on the back round so I stamped the hat, scarf and mittens on it and cut them out. I didn't like the mittens on the ends of the sticks so I put the sparkle fiber around the neck of the snowman and hung the mittens from that just like when I was little and our mittens ran through the sleeves of our coat on yarn that was knitted as part of our mittens that were handmade for us. Didn't everyone have a pair of these so you couldn't lose your mittens? Am I dating myself?

This card opens a little different than others that I've made, the white part of the card is what opens and it is layered on the DP paper and Night of Navy CS just to change the look a bit.

I hope this card brought back a nice winter memory for you like it did for me.

Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH
Ink: Black Versafine, SU Bliss Blue, Only Orange and Brown Marker
CS: SU Night of Navy, GP White and DP Dream Street
Accessories: Sparkle Fiber, Icicles Stickles, white pompom and rhinestones


I just got a new bunch of Whipper Snapper stamps (5 of them are snowmen, I just couldn't resist). So if you like snowmen like me check back to see what I do with them!

Thanks for looking!
Mary


4 comments:

Peggy said...

This is sooo cute. I love it! Great job as usual!

Michelle Quinno said...

Mary, that is so cute! Love the mittens hanging. What a great idea!

Enjoy your holiday!

Pia said...

Love it Mary! You are so good with the details!

Kristen said...

Mary, I LOVE this. I should have bought that stamp. FAB job!