CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

He Loves Me Not!

Today is a beautiful, sunny St. Patrick's Day in New England! It puts me in such a happy mood. I decided to post a really fun and sort of silly card today! This is one of the Kraftin' Kimmies stamps that I bought a while back and couldn't quite decide what to do with her until now. You know when you pick a flower with petals and pluck them one at a time while saying "he loves me, he loves me not", I decided she was sticking the pins into the doll as she is thinking, "he loves me, he loves me not!" and then throwing in a few "wicked wishes" since she has a few pins left. That is why she is blushing and has a smile on her face!

I love Basic Grey paper and whenever I buy it I always buy two packs so I don't run out of it right away. Green is not my favorite color so I only bought one of this Origins pack and so regret it. Turns out I love it. Now it goes right to the top of my list of must haves.

This card is a mix of a lot of old and new. I have decided I have to start using up crafting stuff that I have bought and never use instead of just buying new. The ribbon on this card was bought in 2005 (don't ask me why I wrote the date and store on it) and then never opened until this week. The hat pin I have had for a couple of years but hardly ever used them because they were expensive so I was saving them for "special" cards. I tend to hoard a lot of stuff that I think I might run out of. The rope border punch was the first one I bought long ago and used always then started to collect dust when scallops came out. I have decided to try to use 3 "old things" every time I make a card. Does anyone else hoard there stuff or just forget what you have to use? I hope it's not just me!

Well enough rambling here are the challenges that this card fits

Hand Full of Stamps Challenge #19-Lucky 4 is the challenge, some thing lucky on the card or 4 of something the same. I have four beads on my hat pin. This challenge made me realize how often I use 3 of something on my cards, not 2 or 4.

Little Red Wagon #20-There challenge this week is to use Copics. I love my Copics, I colored my image with them and also I colored the flower shades of green and put spots on them to coordinate with the spots on the DP. Couldn't live with out them!

Raise The Bar Challenge #8-this challenge is to "Go Green". I tried to have lots of shades of green on this card!

Stamp Something Challenge-Cream and green is their challenge this week. I have both green and cream on this card and they go together quite nicely I think.

Practical Scrappers Sketch Friday-I loved working with this sketch! It gave me a lot to work with to make it my own for this card!

Paper Cutz Challenge #32-This is a fun challenge because it is "Anything Goes" and I thought this card was sort of the same because of the silliness behind it!

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #21-"Just Bead It" is this challenge. I haven't pulled out my beads in a very long time, it was lots of fun using them on my creation.

Copic Creation Challenge #24-This is their one year anniversary so they are letting us chose our favorite technique that they have shared this year. I have learned lots of wonderful things but one of my favorites is being able to color embellishments. i love when everthing on a card coordinates. I colored the flower shades of green and then dotted it with brown spots to go with the backround DP!

One Stop Craft Challenge #71-this is really fun it is Spots and Dots. i love anything with dots so I knoew this would be a fun challenge to play along with!

Creative Card Crew Challenge 46-The challenge is going dotty. I am definitely going dotty myself some days, so why not on my cards!

Colour Create Challenge 40-This challenge is to use the colors mint, chocolate and cream. This is a great combination of colors.

Crafty Creations Challenge 59-Another great challenge using spots and dots. Great minds (and challenges) think alike!



Supplies
Stamps-Kraftin' Kimmies Stamps, Savvy Stamps(saying)
Paper-Basic Grey DP, SU Old Olive CS, Papertrey White CS
Inks-Copics, SU Certainly Celery Ink
Accessories-Nesties, Fiskers Rope Border Punch, SU Pretties Hat Pin Set, Prima Flower and Rose, Hero Arts Pearls, Walmart Ribbon, Boxer Scrapbook Pearl Pins

Thank you for stopping by today to see what I created. I really appreciate all the wonderful comments that you leave for me to read, they mean a lot to me.

I hope you are having beautiful weather like we are and can take some time to enjoy it!

Happy Creating,
Mary


12 comments:

Crystal said...

Mary this is fantastic, wow beautiful flower and stickpins...ADORABLE image too!

Dena said...

Super fantastic card! The image is so fun!! Great layout too!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!
Hugs, Dena

Peggy said...

This image is great! I love the doll. Great job with the coloring! I love it.

Denimo said...

WOW! What a great card! Just LOVE that image and you've used her wonderfully! Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Something challenge.
Hugs, Denimo

Suzi Mac said...

This is gorgeous Mary, love the image and the design. So glad you joined us at OSCC this week, thank you. Hugs Suzi xx

Michelle Quinno said...

haha, that is hysterical! Love the coloring and the pin to match the doll!! Green is my favorite.

Marilyn Webb said...

Gorgeous Card!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

This is just incredible, Mary! I LOVE the pin embellishments! And Drucilla looks fabulous!!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Amazing card Mary! Brilliant LO and papers, but that image just bowled me over. Superb!
Thanks for joining us at both the OSCC and the Colour Create Challenges.
Sharon xx

Magda said...

Fantastic card! I love the image! Great colours.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge.
Magda x

Unknown said...

Too cute, love it!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

mycardz said...

Wow, adorable! Thanks for joining our celebration at Copic Creations!