CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Happens!


WOW is the weather beautiful here today! It couldn't be more perfect, I think we can finally say Spring has arrived. Tomorrow is going to be warm but cloudy and it might even hit 75 on Monday! Winter seemed to last forever and so I hope Spring sticks around for awhile before the heat of summer comes along!

I did this card with Spring in mind because I am hoping to move all my potted plants outside into the sunshine were they love it. We have a neighbor who has a few cats that love to sun themselves on the cement skirt around our pool. I am always afraid of them knocking over anything that is in their way. The are cute but not friendly and they drive my DH crazy!

Here are some fantastic challenges that fit my card

Challenge Up Your Life Challenge #41-This week their challenge is masking, I masked the kitty to be able to stamp the sky.

CRAFT Challenge #97-This week their challenge is all about "Animals/Pets". I love creating with animals!

Dutch Dare Card Challenge #107-This week the challenge is "Spring Has Sprung". I love when all the plants can be moved out into the sunshine instead of near the windows inside during the cold months.

Fresh Brewed April Challenge-This challenge for the month of April is "Flowers". They would like to see lots of flowers on your creation!

Fashionista Friday Challenge #74-This week their challenge is "Spring is in the Air". I am so happy for warm days and getting to work outside in the gardens again, finally!

Paper Romance Challenge #45-This week their challenge is a fun recipe challenge, 4 embellishments, 3 papers, 1 image and 1 sentiment. I used 2 DP and white shimmer paper, a charm, ribbon, flowers and pearls for my embellishments, this cute image and this saying I say to myself every time something happens by mistake!

Paperplay Challenge Week 14-This is a fun challenge this week "Critters Galore", they wants to see animals on our creations!

Papertake Weekly Challenge-This is one of my favorite themes this week "Anything Goes"!

Sundays With Crissy Challenge #16-This month the challenge is "Spring is in the Air/Baby Card". I chose the Spring theme because this image makes me think of all the potted plants that get knocked over until we find the right spot, somewhere the cats don't like to walk!(and we don't own any cats, we are a bunny family)

The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge #8-This month their challenge is a photo inspiration. I took my inspiration from the color on the fox for my image. Great photo to work from!

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #43-This week their challenge is all about "Spring" my favorite time of year!

The Crazy Challenge #61-This week their challenge is "Just Add Flowers". I love flowers on my creations!

Totally Gorjuss Challenge #75-The challenge they are giving us this week is "Fluffy", I know kitties are always soft and fluffy!

Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge #21-This challenge would like to see "Die cuts/punches and ribbon". I used both oval dies and my flower border punch and my favorite dotted swiss ribbon!

Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge #51-This week their challenge for us is to use "Ribbon and Pearls" two of my favorite embellishments!

Mami Doodles Challenge #23-This challenge is all about using a die cut or punch on your creation. I used both a die and a border punch on my card.

Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #19-This is a new challenge for me and the theme for the challenge is Easter or Spring. I went with the Spring theme with my card. Great DT inspiration.

These are all wonderful challenges so be sure to stop by and play along!

Thank you for stopping by today to see what I created. I really appreciate all the wonderful comments that you leave for me to read.

Happy Creating,
Mary

21 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

This is adorable! Love all your layers! Thanks for playing at with us at Paper Romance!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Mary - I have this image, just can't remember who the artist is? You did a great job with your masking for the clouds, and I love how you colored this image!
Thanks for playing in our 'Easter or Spring Theme' challenge!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Terry said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a gorgeous card, Thank you for joining in with us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week, good luck.
Kevin xx

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is really cute! I LOVE the image and how your flowers match the patterned paper. Hugs, Karen

Stempelhexe said...

Was für ein süßes Motiv und eine ganz entzückende KArte.

LG
Ulla

Anonymous said...

adorable little kitty card! lovely detail!!!

hugs June

Michelle Quinno said...

Pretty card, Mary!

Sue said...

Aw, the kitten is so cute, and I am sure he didn't mean to knock over the plant........beautiful coloring and paper choices are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month.

Hugs
Sue

Stacy said...

Ahhh this is just adorable! I am in love with this cute kitten! Love the color combo and all your pretty layers and flowers! Perfect for our challenge this week! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed this week!

frazzled2day said...

Oh Mary, i simply adore this card & the image of the cat is just too cute!! Thanks for joining in with our 'critters galore' challenge at Paper Play this week, hope to see you again soon. Hugs, janey x

Louise said...

WOW! I love this, it's supercute! Those daisys makes the card pop :) Stunningly beautiful dp's too :)
Thank you so much for joining us at TFWC :)
Welcome back :)
Hugs

Bettina L. said...

Such an adorable kitty. Thanks for joining the TG challenge this week:) Bettina

Pattie G said...

What a cute card! I love how you used our Spring theme for this week’s challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs ♥

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Aw, look at that kitty's eyes. :) So cute! Thanks so much for playing our Critters Galore challenge at Paper Play. :)

Sandra P said...

Love this! Your coloring is superb :)

Thanks for joining PR this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Mami Doodles said...

What a darling expression - brilliant card. Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

lesleyworth said...

Adorable image! Beautiful flowers and the perfect spring paper. Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe.

Pop's Cards said...

This is very pretty sweetie, thank you for joining in our challenge at "Sunday's with Crissy" big hugs pops x x

Manuela said...

Wow, what a supercute card :) I like the kittie! Great job :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Melanie M said...

What a sweet card. I love the expression on the kittie's face. Thanks for joining us at Patties Creations Design Challenge.